Who doesn’t love Disney?
I’m sure many of you have seen the influx of re-imagined stories that seem to have sprung up in recent years. I don’t know about you but, I’m in love with them. (I’ll provide some of my favorites at the bottom.)
So, why not try one out yourself?
Let’s get your creative juices flowing with these 11 Disney Re-imagined Writing Prompts!
- The Fairy Godmother is actually her Fairy GRANDmother.
- Write from the Queen’s point of view and she is not pleased with her son’s choice in a peasant girl.
Beauty & the Beast
- Belle is a mad scientist who created the beast.
Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs
- Snow not only uses mind control on animals but she is using it to control the dwarfs too.
- Write the story of how the man got trapped in the magic mirror.
Alice in Wonderland
- Alice doesn’t drop into wonderland. Wonderland drops in on Alice.
- The genie is the antagonist.
- Jafar and Jasmine are working together to overthrow the king.
- Write a sequel where after her hair is cut her magic doesn’t disappear but instead is passed to her children.
- Write the story with Grandmother Willow as a messenger from the underworld.
The Little Mermaid
- Rewrite Ariel as the villain.
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl….
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
If Interested Check out the Whole Lunar Series: (IT’S GREAT!!!!)
What if Belle’s mother cursed the Beast? As Old as Time is the third book in a new YA line that reimagines classic Disney stories in surprising new ways. When Belle touches the Beast’s enchanted rose, memories flood through Belle’s mind-memories of a mother she thought she would never see again. And, stranger still, she sees that her mother is none other than the beautiful enchantress who cursed the castle and all its inhabitants. Shocked and confused, Belle and the Beast will have to unravel a dark mystery about their families that is 21 years in the making.
I hope you have a wonderful week and as always leave me a comment or send me a message on my Ask Me Anything page with your re-inspired story (I would love to see them!!) Tweet me @shauna_philp with any questions or requests for future blogs.
Thank you all for stopping in. I hope these prompts have inspired you and if you liked what you saw don’t forget to like and comment below with your favorite prompt from this article.