Do you enjoy writing about things that go bump in the night? With Halloween just around the corner, I was feeling in a festive mood. If you enjoy writing horror, suspense, thriller or you just want to write something spooky, these 13 Spooktacular writing prompts are just for you.
- The hall before me was vacant but that didn’t stop the shadows that danced on the walls.
- A bright beam lit the night sky and a body lifted into the air.
- Bodies posed like mannequins are found in a deserted basement, submerged in tanks full of a strange liquid.
- They found her cuffed and latched to a bed, a single trickle of blood running down her chin.
- A small town fears something that lives in the woods.
- A character gets in an elevator and simply vanishes.
- Your character is singing in the shower. When she stops, someone is clapping.
- They locked the doors and windows but these creatures were coming from the ground.
- Every day at 3:23 pm an empty swing starts swinging.
- In the other room a child is playing, the parent stops to listen and hears him talking about a murder.
- They only come when I’m alone.
- Once everyone falls asleep, that’s when the walls begin to bleed.
- Write about a doll that mysteriously follows a family.
I hope you have a wonderful week and as always if you have anything you would like me to talk about in a future blog tweet me @shauna_philp.
Thank you for stopping in. I hope these prompts have inspired you and if you liked what you saw don’t forget to like and comment with your favorite!