It’s wonderful to have you here this week. As many of you know, I have been doing my kitchen remodel and that lead me to having very little time to come up with a blog post. So, I decided to do something a little fun this week. I found this list of questions on a fellow writer’s page and I thought it would be fun to try to answer them using my characters. This also gives you a little bit of a sneak peek into their personalities.
I had a lot of fun answering these, I hope you enjoy reading.
- A crazy hacker’s gone into your computer and has deleted all of your music, except for one song off of your writing playlist. Which song is it?
Well for one, it’s strange that wiping my computer of music was the “crazy hackers” motives but hey, to each their own. Second, I don’t think I actually have any music on my computer so there would be nothing to wipe, I use Pandora. Third I guess it wouldn’t matter much because I prefer silence when I write, so is the sound of my turtle tank filter a song? Because I find it relaxing. But to answer the question if I need to get into a particular mood, I usually flip on something instrumental music with no words. So something along those lines.
- Your protagonist and antagonist have been paired up by friends to go out to lunch together. Where do they go?
First off, I highly doubt they have any mutual friends. But funny story, they’ve already gone out together so I think that they would head on one to the local Vampire bar, Atè like they did on their first “date.”
- You’re crossing a bridge when the troll living under it stops you. He demands to read a chapter from your novel, and won’t let you cross otherwise. Which chapter do you give him?
Oh jeez. Well since I lost track of my chapters a while ago so it would be a bit hard but, I would say right now, Chapter One. It’s the only one I feel confident in showing anyone, and it needs work. However, the climax chapter would be a possibility because it’s awesome and it shows Charley and all her badassery.
- Your friends have invited you out to a party. Surprise! All of your characters are there. Who do you choose to hang out with?
I honestly don’t know how that would go in the first place. Most of my characters are enemies to the core, think like the Montagues and the Capulets. Everyone hates each other. So, I feel like it wouldn’t be that great of a party because there would be a huge divide in the room with nasty stares. Charley, Alma and Breccan would just sit in the middle like, “Can’t we all just be friends?”
But anyways…Well duh, Charley. She’s my main character, and she’s awesome. I would make my way around the room, briefly stopping by the Ettore’s because no one wants to be around Lace too long. Of course, I would have to spend time with Gabby. She is a tell it as it is, fireball of energy and she would be a blast. Then I would spend the rest of the evening with Charley, Alma, and Breccan. They are entirely good-natured, and it would be an excellent time.
- Crap. You left your car keys in your house, and you’ve (somehow) locked yourself out. Which of your characters picks the lock for you?
Probably Gabby. She is very crafty and sneaky. She knows how to get into wherever she needs to be.
6. The zombie apocalypse is happening right now. (It sucks.) Everyone is fleeing the planet, and moving to Mars. ONE of your characters can go with you. Who do you choose?
Well, most of them are Vampires, so I don’t think living with the living dead would really be a problem for them. That being said, I would probably take Breccan because he is the sweetest, most loyal friend someone could ask for. Plus, he can sing and play guitar so he will be entertaining once we got to Mars.
I would say, Alma, Charley’s sister but she can be super bossy, and I don’t think I would want to deal with that all the time.
- You’ve been given the opportunity to travel to one place (town, building, landmark, country) in your book. Where do you go?
Ooo. This one is tough. I would probably pick the Silvano estate. Ambrogio is the last remaining Ancient vampire (original), so he has accumulated all of these artifacts of vampire history and has them in his home. It would be cool to walk through there and see all of those things.
- You meet your main character and start a conversation with them. The problem is, you’ve only got six words or less to do so. What do you say?
Trust in yourself.
I don’t even need six. All of her life she has been ridiculed for what she thought she saw as a child. This led to a mental disorder and her never trusting her gut. She feels the need for everyone to tell her what she should be doing which makes her easy to control even when she feels something is wrong.
- Crazy acid rain is falling from the sky. Which of your characters would you use as an umbrella?
Lace. She’s a bitch.
- You’re out at a restaurant with your main character, and the time has come to order dessert. What do you order for them?
Blood and Chocolate. What else?
I hope you enjoyed my post don’t forget to follow my page on the way out to keep up on the progress of my novel and any writing tips I find along the way. If you have any questions feel free to drop a comment below, message me on the comment page or tweet me @shauna_philp
I would love to see the answers using your characters in the comments below! 🙂
Questions credit: Coffee and Calligraphy